Best Friends?

 Best Friends? Do they actually exist, someone who is always there for you and never leaves? Well, I know how it is to loose a best friend. I'm guessing a lot of you have had the same experience. This happened to me very recently and I wanted to share some of my struggles and victories with y'all!

My friend was a funny, loving, and super cool person. We had been BFF's for like 5 years. But all of a sudden one day I noticed we seemed distant from each other. I didn't feel like I could be myself around her anymore. I had recently during covid19 switched church's and I left the one she went to. I barely saw her very much, but I still thought of her as a best friend.

I finally started seeing her more often and I noticed her and this other girl and her were like the "new thing". I was determined to win her back. I tried. I failed. I hadn't noticed how much I had changed, how much she had changed. We really didn't click anymore. So I decided I needed to make myself the person I used to be, so I could win her back! FAIL! I felt miserable every time I tried.

I noticed that I wouldn't ever be able to be that person she wanted. I was who I was and people needed to want me for that, not for some fake. I let it go. I noticed God was always there for me. He would never leave me, I could always talk to him, he always cared for me. He was my best friend!!!

I know that sometimes you are like ya, God is my best friend but I need someone that is a real person to vibe and share with. I agree, it is super nice to have a best friend. But for those days we don't let's just know that God is always there! Remember it is okay to cry, crying is healing. And it will take time for the pain of this person leaving to heal. But time heals things, and God heals things. He will mend your broken heart.



Comments

  1. Thanks Noel, this is really good. Thank you so much for posting <3
    Love,
    Jada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart! It's always a good reminder that Jesus can be our best friend! Love you so much!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Testimony

Comfort the Hurting